Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quote of the day...

Here's another quote that caught my attention.


"If only we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time."
--
Edith Wharton, American Author


I like it. Some good advice to live by I suppose. I'm guilty of this, constantly trying to make plans and arrange our schedules to make sure we have a great time doing whatever the plan is. For our first few years together, Kyle's laid-back attitude absolutely drove me nuts. I was convinced he was more lazy than laid-back. I like to have all my ducks lined up whenever possible. I now know that the reverse is true as well. Kyle always seemed frustrated with my never-ending questions as far as planning went. I remember asking him many a times what he wanted to do on the weekends and better yet how he could just sit around and do absolutely nothing. I've personally never been able to do such a thing. A few years ago (I'm pretty sure it was after Jackson was born), Kyle finally admitted that he likes to have a game plan. If I recall correctly, this statement came about on a trip down to Jasper. He was telling me about some of the last minute requests he gets at work and how it bothers him that we can't nail down our holiday plans more than a week in advance. (I love to have everything clarified at least 2-3 weeks so I can plan each and every detail with more thought than ever necessary.) I remember him saying that I rubbed off on him. That was a proud moment.

Maybe opposites really do attract. I think we compliment each other quite nicely.

until next time...lc

No comments: