Monday, April 21, 2008

Who is this kid?

Can you even recognize him? We think this haircut ages him by at least 2 years. After shelling out way too much money for haircuts at that place with the slide, as well as the one with the football on TV, only to know that it'll increase in the near future, I went out and bought a set of clippers this past weekend. Kyle agreed that we could undertake Jackson's haircuts at least two-thirds of the time. Yeah, we may have to go get it shaped up, but for the most part we should be able to take care of things in the comfort of our own home. The above picture was the end result. If you mention the haircut to him he replies, "Mommy cut my hair and she cut my ear off." Now, c'mon. Yes, It's obvious I cut his hair. As far as the ear...it got in my way. I nicked it to the point it bled, but it was no way near the point where the applied band-aid was necessary. When I told him that he didn't need a band-aid, he set out to prove me wrong. Once Sponge-Bob was adhered, all was better. That is until about 6 minutes later it was no longer comfortable and discarded. If you look in the picture above, you'll notice it sticking off his left ear. Speaking of things sticking out, check out those ears! Wow, are they ever set out now!!! No wonder I nicked it.
Here's a shot just before we set off on the adventure. This all went down on the front porch so the remains could be easily discarded.


Check out the look on that face. I don't know if he's more terrified of me cutting his hair, or of his Nana holding him by his neck. Great choice there mother. Like he's going to get away!
My mother and sister came up for the weekend to visit. We had a great time with them. There's nothing like a little shopping to uplift your spirits. Oh, and the pedicures were long overdue and much appreciated. Mom was so relaxed after her pedicure that she ended up taking Kyle back later that evening so she could get a manicure while he got a pedicure. His feet are all ready to sport sandals now. It's not like anyone is checking out his feet, but just in case.
Jackson and Katy painted some pictures while my mother and Kyle were out. Check out the water cup. My father bought one each for Joe, Frank and I when we were little. This cup has to be over 25 years old. Ah, I'm really dating myself here!
Geez Katy, try not to pose so much the next time!
On Sunday morning, Jackson, Mom, Katy and I set out to the Old Farm Market in search of a Petite Blueberry Bush and a "Tomato Cherry" plant for Jackson to grow this summer. We struck out on the Blueberry Bush, and ended up with a strawberry pot and a tomato plant. We didn't get the cherry tomato plant as originally planned, but did purchase a breed called Patio Tomatoes. Since these will specifically be grown in a pot, the name sounded the best. If it were up to Jackson, we'd be growing some Beefsteak tomatoes and Habanero peppers. He had a blast checking out all different varieties of plants and herbs available. He only wanted the pepper plant because of the flames pictured. He wanted to know if they actually had fire on them when they grew. Oh, the innocence!
Our supplies are ready. Ready, set, plant!
He was telling me that the plant had to grow this tall before the tomatoes were able to be picked.


This was a bit more complicated to plant. It was his idea to plant these things, so I guided him along and let him do most of the work.
Last step, Mom, these things need some water! He's using a watering can that belonged to my Grandfather. We miss him dearly. I'm sure he's happy knowing Jackson is learning to grow his own goods with using his watering can.

Only because Jackson has dominated this post, here is a photo of Kian. I was getting Katy's bed ready Saturday evening. She had to sleep downstairs in the game room versus going up to the guest quarters, as she slipped getting into the car Friday night and broke her ankle. Kian was super excited when I prepped the room for her. Yet another thing to play on. As soon as I tossed the pillow down, he looked up and said, "Where my blankie Mom." What a cutie! He loves to lay / play in a big-kid bed. He hasn't fussed much about being in his crib, so we're not forcing the issue. We'll move him out when he shows those signs. Until then, sleep baby, sleep.
Until next time...lc

No comments: