Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Quote of the day

We get a mass email to our department here at work daily from a daily news source. A good portion of it is of no interest to me, except for the quote at the bottom of the page. It's pretty much the only thing that I look for, except for an occasional headline that jumps out at me. Today's quote was one that is applicable to many facets of life, especially when disciplining your children.


"Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win."

--Jonathan Kozol
American Nonfiction writer and educator


Kyle and I try to let the small thinks slide without much fuss and zero in on the bigger things, like those that are truly life-threatening. What a great quote to share with parents just starting out. Going along with the quote, I try to gently remind the kids when they do things that I don't prefer and only lose it when necessary. Here lately they have been testing my patience daily and I've been more vocal than usual, so maybe I should revisit our self-imposed philosophy and "pick my battles" appropriately. I guess this is where "Here's your sign" should be obvious.

Until next time...lc

No comments: