Thursday, March 20, 2008

18 months already?

Are you kidding me? Is it even possible? What an amazing 18 months it's been already. Kian has grown into such an adorable, loveable, strong-willed little guy. It's hard to imagine that at such a young age he's able to do so much. He's talking up a storm, including 4-5 word sentences. The most often heard phrase at our house is, "I want more, please." At least he's using his manners, right? We started keeping a list of words he uses for his upcoming wellness visit to make sure he's on track and were over 70, I believe.

I recall when we decided to have another child. We thought it would be a breeze like Jackson, but only to find out that we had to wait awhile. Maybe it was our sign that our children shouldn't be so close in age. Whatever it may be, we're sure glad he's here now. My pregnancy was not all that desirable given the ups and downs along the way. At one point I was hospitalized and had to have some tests run. While in the hospital, I had an extensive ultrasound. This is what we saw...


I suppose he was just trying to tell us that he was fine in there and would hold on. That was also the day we found out he was going to be a boy. Oh, talk about a bitter-sweet moment. I was convinced up to that point that it was a girl.

BIRTH

To this day, he still has that same little smirk on his face when he sleeps. Oh, how I wish he would sleep through the night, but I suppose one day he'll get there. The past two nights he's slept through. Maybe he's onto something. Only time will tell.


THREE MONTHS
His outfit says "I rule". And that he does. He's such a ham. He absolutely loves to laugh and to make you laugh as well. Check out that drool, or maybe it was spit up. He produced both at great volumes. I vividly remember not being able to eat dairy products for around 6 months. I mean not even cheese...a staple in my diet. Oh well, it's all worth it in the end. I was so determined to be able to nurse him that I would have done anything to be successful. Heck, I still do. What a great experience it is to be able to feed your child. Even though I was his sole provider for over 6 months and continue to this day, I would not trade that for anything. He's such a Momma's baby and I love every minute of it! Even though he's been going to his Daddy the past few weeks, we are a long way away from being equal. Not that there's anything wrong with that.


SIX MONTHS

Check out those fat rolls! He had them in every location. The back of his neck, in between joints, on his fingers...everywhere! I love our little "chunky monkey"!!

NINE MONTHS

I am not sure what he's eating here, but we're guaranteed to get a show each time he eats. I can't imagine how much money we have spent on wipes to this day. We sure use a lot of them.

ONE YEAR

The first birthday shot. He fell trying to reach to me getting out of his crib on the day of his birthday party. I mean, the nap just before everyone arrived. 30 minutes later he ended up with a shiner we'll never forget. He had a great time that day. He wasn't too sure of the presents, but enjoyed the cupcakes!

We went out to Friendship Gardens in Plainfield to take some photos for his first birthday. At the time he did this thing where he would crinkle his nose and breathe in and out really quickly. Again, it was too cute.

FIFTEEN MONTHS

One night the boys and I were playing under the blanket on our bed. Whatever it is made of sure creates a lot of static. This was pre-first haircut so we kept playing with it to make his hair stand up all over. We were also playing with flash lights which is cheap entertainment that lasts for a while.

EIGHTEEN MONTHS

A week or so ago we went out to play for a while since the weather was cooperative. Yes, we let our children play in the steet with us. Have you ever tried to play soccer on an incline? Not an option in our area. We block the street with adults and let the kids play inbetween. It works for now.

So, needless to say, we love Kian dearly. He has more personality than I would like for him to have at this time, but then again he has some serious shoes to fill. He's doing more at his age that Jackson was and at this pace we know we are in for it. We will continue to love him every day and look forward to all that "luvin" he gives in return. Oh, that little "mmm" sound he makes when he gives kisses is too precious. And when he pats his fingers on the back of your neck when giving hugs melts my heart every time.

So Kian, here's to the future. May you be happy, healthy and as successful as possible! (This is where we would toast at home, sippy cups and all.)

until next time...lc

No comments: