Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jackson to the World: "I Call 'Em Like I See 'Em, Folks."

This morning, on the ride into daycare, I decided to swing through Starbucks to use my little free Wednesday coffee card Laura gave me a couple of weeks ago (THANKS, HONEY!!!). It's a promotion for their new house roast coffee, Pike Place Roast, which is actually pretty good. But, I digress...

Anyway, as we're pulling out of the parking lot in front of Meijer and Menards on U.S. 36 (or, Rockville Road, as it's also known) Jackson notices that the car turning left at the light is a Chevy Blazer, and that it "looks just like your car, Dad!" I commend him for noticing the similarities, and also for pointing out that the wheels are a bit different on the other car. The kid doesn't miss a beat, as I'll further explain, now.

I inch a little further up at the light, trying to make sure traffic's clear so that I can make a right turn on the red light. As I do this, Jackson notices the driver of the Blazer, and shouts, "Ha ha, Dad, LOOK! There's a dog driving that car!"

I look at the driver of the car, and it's a woman with a total throwback Jersey mall chick spiral perm and a huge bouffont bang job on top of her dome. I roar with laughter, and ask, "What makes you think that's a dog, Jack?" To which he responds, "Look at her hair! It's SO BIG! It looks like a dog's hair!"

These are the times where I wish I had a P.A. system wired to the car, like the Blues Brothers' car. I'd just pass him the microphone and let him publicly humiliate people.



(K)

No comments: