Monday, February 25, 2008

A night in the life of...

Knowing that life with 2 young boys is one that never stops, I thought I'd give you all a little insight as to what we go through. Following are a few different stories evolving over the last 2 nights. Now there was nothing special that happened, I just took some time to take a few pictures and a video and thought I'd give some insight.

We spent yesterday morning at Chuck E Cheese meeting up with a couple of other children, Ethan and Sophie, from daycare to have some fun. Go figure that I would forget my camera. I had every intention of taking it, just ended up a little side-tracked prior to walking out the door. Luckily their mother, Misty, brought her camera. I'll have to ask her to send some pictures our way. Ethan and Sophie are such cuties! We look forward to going again in the near future. We ended up at home shortly after noon, ate some chili and took naps. (Well, Kyle napped with the kids while I cleaned up around the house. In his defense, he wasn't feeling the greatest.) Later that evening we had a "summer" meal. Go figure that corn on the cob would be on sale in February. Taking a chance, I picked some up. It seems like it's been forever that we've had some fresh corn and we had a hanker in' for some. Kian didn't get to indulge in the butter-face smear fest that takes place at dinner table each time we served it over the summer last year, so we braved the opportunity and stocked up on the wipes.

He was such a champ as you can see...








This is the greatest!!! He recently discovered saying "cheese" to the camera. This is my new favorite silly picture:



Not wanting to be left out on the action, Jackson posed for a photo-op as well.



Here is a little video clip of a typical night at the dinner table...



If you pay attention in the middle you can pick up a conversation between Jackson and Kyle. That kooky kid always comes up with the silliest things to say!


Moving right along. Here's what I see at almost any given moment:

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"


Another couple of sightings:

He loves to sit and watch the digital picture frame. He much prefers this over the TV. In fact, he's likely to turn off the TV if it's on. Not complaining! Jackson loves his cartoons and Kian doesn't like the TV on. What a great balance!




He's so anxious to start to use the computer!






And last but not least, Jackson has started reading! We are so proud of the little guy. He has quite a few small books that he can breeze through on his own. There are a few words that he gets tripped up on, but c'mon, he's learning! I am almost certain that I wasn't reading at 4 years old. I recall being super excited in Kindergarten when I was able to recite the alphabet and spell my name. He had the alphabet mastered by age 2 and his name by age 3. I don't know exactly what it is we're doing, but evidently we're doing something right. For now we'll just keep plugging along and teaching the both of them at each and every opportunity.


Here's a shot of Jackson reading to Daddy tonight:




I better get back to my household chores. The laundry is calling my name. Also, I just flipped through some of our recent photo downloads and realized we've missed quite a few pictures that I wanted to share. That'll be another post.


Until next time...lc

No comments: