Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another month

It's been almost another month since we've posted. It's starting to feel like we aren't documenting our family. It's not that we sit around and do nothing, or are so busy that we can't take time to make a few notes. I suppose we are just getting caught up in our lives and forget about little things like this blog. I need to treat it more as an online diary for myself, rather than something I feel obligated to tend to, like the dishes for example.

Kyle and I acknowledge the fact that the boys are growing daily and we do what we can to foster them. I want nothing more than for them to grow up to be as happy, healthy and successful as they can be. But then again, I want them to be little boys too. Take for example Kian: The other day I took a few extra moments to give him one-on-one time (like he needs any more from me!) and played with him in his room. I usually play with both boys together, so this was a nice change for me. We were playing with a shape sorter bus and when I started to name colors and he repeated me. For crying out loud, he's only 16 months old and is repeating (and remembering) colors! It seems as though he shouldn't be doing this quite yet. It's not just colors, the kid is labeling everything. I do recall Jackson going through a language explosion, but again, I don't think it was until he was around 18 months of age. Maybe all that mama's milk he's consuming is enriched with much more than I was giving it credit for. I took an extra supplement to help with brain development, but never imagined that I would be shaping the next Einstein. Then again, he is in daycare; spends a ton of time with him brother; we talk to him constantly; teach him at every moment possible; and I'm still amazed at how much he does. Geez. And the kid is as stubborn as all get out. He can protest like none other. Michelle has been saying that once he gets something on his mind, there is no stopping him. Boy was she right! That little guy is more determined at times than a mosquito is trying to find its next victim. I'm not saying he's out for blood, just that he's a baby on a mission and there's no stopping him.

I need to end this post now and get back to what I should be doing. I'll take for example Jackson in my next post. That little guy has been cracking us up here lately. I'll get to his story later and hopefully take some time to add a few pictures.

Until then...lc

No comments: