Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year's Eve!

I can't believe another year has come and gone. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. Oh boy, what fun we've had. I have to admit that I was hesitant when we added Kian to the family, but I can't even remember what life was like without him. Have two little ones to entertain us does provide twice the fun. Kyle and I are truly blessed to have Jackson and Kian as our children.

As our family grows, we try to start and uphold traditions that the four of us can enjoy for many years to come. Mostly we focus on the holidays, but I realized that we haven't started a tradition to ring in the New Year. I've been asked many times what we plan to do for a celebration this year and my response is, "I'm going to bed the same time as usual. It'll be the new year when I wake up." The little boys have a hard enough time staying up until 9pm, let alone even thinking about letting them up until midnight. I can only imagine how long it would take them to regulate their sleep schedule. I suppose we'll have to come up with something fun to do when they get to a riper age. Right now the boys are hanging out eating some popcorn and watching IU play in the Insight Bowl game. Go Hoosiers! If only that were an easier name to pronounce. For now, Go White Team!

Another great moment...Jacob turns 21 tomorrow. Happy Birthday Bo! What fun we had while you stayed with us over the summer. I look forward to your visits in the future. The boys sure enjoyed your company as well. Jackson loved playing soccer for what seemed like hours on end.

Happy New Year to all. I've got to run and start the bedtime routine. Kian just attempted to have a sip of Daddy's whiskey and was denied. I haven't heard so many consecutive "no's" yet! I'm sure he's making his father quite proud.

No comments: