Saturday, December 29, 2007

Santa's GOTTA Be a Hard-Drinkin' Man

Or, else, he's a stock owner in the company that manufactures Valium.


Now, before you deride me for calling Santa Claus chemical-dependent, I'm not implying that he'd ingest these relaxation agents before, or during, his yearly trek around the world delivering joy and cheer to the world's children. That would be bah-humbuggy of me to make such an insinuation, and anyone who knows me knows I'm the embodiment of the holiday spirit!


Ok, you didn't need to laugh THAT hard.

Anyway, seriously, I feel like I'm only now regaining my sanity and feeling of calm after running around this holiday season. It's not that I mind it, at all. I love to get around to see our family. It's just that the wham-bam-thankyouma'am-iness of it all leaves something to be desired. I really wish everything could be spread out over, say, 2-3 weeks wherein we could spend a full day or more with each group of people; and, we could get around to seeing all those with whom spending any time during the holiday season is simply impossible. But, to get that kind of time, we'd have to live in a country that actually values the time families should be spending together (someplace like, maybe, Sweden, eh, Jason and Gunmari?) rather than the good ol' U.S. of A. where we wonder why family dissolutions are at an all-time high and the social ills that stem from a lack of a strong household seem to be MYSTERIOUSLY sky-rocketing. Yeah, reeeaaalll tough to figure that out. But, I'm not here to make a socio-political commentary...just giving everyone the old holiday update.

My apologies for the diatribe. We did, despite my cryassing, have a wonderful Christmas. We did get to spend some well-deserved time with both sides of our family, and everyone truly enjoyed themselves. Even if we are still dealing with Jackson's inability to slightly adjust his sleep schedule (and, the unseemly aspects of his attitude that creep up along with that), it was well worth the travel and the visits that seemed to end all-too abruptly.

No comments: