Saturday, February 14, 2009

VD Surprise!

Not THAT kinda VD, you goons...Valentine's Day!!!

Laura shocked the Hell outta me yesterday afternoon. I was at work, and had taken a bathroom break. Upon my return to my office, my next-door neighbor and teammate, Josh, poked his head into my office and said, "Man, you've been paged twice, what's going on?!?!?"

"What? Really? Nothing I know of is happening...guess I'd better call the receptionist to find out."

Just as I turned to pick up the phone, it rang, and it was the receptionist again. She tells me I need to get upstairs to the reception area right away. When I asked if it something was wrong, she simply replied, "I just need you to come up here."

For some reason, I'm thinking I'm getting served a subpoena, or some thuggish mess is getting ready to transpire - that's how CLUELESS I am as to why someone would be asking for me at 5PM on a Friday afternoon.

I get up to the 27th floor, and start to look around to either side of the receptionist's desk as she greets me. To the right, I spot a familiar sight: Laura, and she's wearing a shit-eating grin and giving me this cute little wave. I instantly ask, "What are you doing here!?!?!"
"Taking you on a date!"

"...Whaaaat? Whoa...OK! C'mon downstairs for a second!"

I was TOTALLY surprised by this...and, what a great way to be surprised! We went to Fogo de Chao for dinner, then hit Circle Center to shop for new shoes (an established V-Day tradition for us), then out to Avon for a viewing of Slumdog Millionaire. I'm truly the luckiest sumbitch on the planet!
(K)

No comments: