Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Job Security

Back in January I left Simon for good. For quite a few months I had been working part-time at Simon and part-time at Clarian West in the HR department. Believe me, I was ever-so-thankful that I was able to maintain employment at both locations. Yes, it was difficult to bounce back and forth between the positions, but I had to do what was necessary. I'll admit that it made the weeks go by very quickly! My last day at Simon was January 5th, and I was able to work full-time in HR at West starting January 12th. Given the fact that so many people are without jobs, I feel blessed that I've been afforded this stability over the past 5 months. I also want to note that Kyle and I thought it would be best that one of us move to work closer to home. Since it's a little easier for me to find something rather than for him, I opted to take over this role. I love that I can run home over lunch, or to Target, or to see the kids if needed. I recently drove downtown and can say that I do not miss that trip one bit. Sure the quite time was nice, but I like being closer to home. Perhaps that goes with age. Besides, it was tough for the kids to be bound down in the car for such periods of time each day. They are only 10 minutes from home which is proving to be a blessing as well.

Starting next Monday (2/16/2009) I will be taking on another role. I will be alternating days between the HR department and Case Management. Again, I am extremely thankful that I have the option to work at full-time status. Sure, I'd like to only work 20 hours per week and spend the other time with the kids and maintaining the household, but that's simply not in the cards. Perhaps one day I'll be able to work a limited schedule. Until then, I will enjoy my time at West.

A few things I love about working at West: it's only a 6 minute drive from home, about 12 minutes to daycare, the staff and culture are simply amazing and I love the work that I'm doing. I'm so glad to be back in HR working in a position that is rewarding and stimulating.

I promise to document more of my journey as it continues.

until next time...lc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job opportunity at Clarian. We miss you here at Simon, but I know you enjoy it more at Clarian. Good luck.