Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First, an Apology, and then...Happy Birthday Sara!

First, a quick apology...I've been so out of it lately. Not "out of it" in a literal sense (although I was a bit sick last week), but just not feeling the writing urge. I knew I should help in providing some updates to the blog, but still...writer's block or some such business. So, sorry for the lack of updates. It's a bit frustrating, but, if there's anything that can prod me to slam down a few keystrokes, it's celebrating OTHER people getting older.

Last Saturday, we celebrated my baby sister's 22nd birthday. This is very surreal to me - Sara was like my first child in some ways. I was 12 when she was born, my dad had recently died, and I was the primary care giver after school while my mom worked nights. Certainly not MY child, obviously, but caring for her was absolutely my first insight to what parenthood might be like.

So, I've now lasted long enough to see her become a full-fledged adult. And, an impressive one at that. She and my brother are the only 2 people that have maintained a steadfast unwavering presence throughout most of the years I've been alive. It's exciting to see her grow up and become such a wonderful person - I'm honored to have this experience. All this, despite having Ryan and I as her big brothers! At least we gave her plenty of indications of what she SHOULDN'T do with her life. Ha ha ha ha...

We went to Buca Di Beppo, downtown, for dinner Saturday night, then broke away from Laura, Miss and the boys for a Campbell Sibling Triumvirate bar bounce. Drinks were had (mostly by Ryan and Sara, I played the DD), stories were told, and probably a bit too many details were shared that remained obscured until drunkenly divulged. It was a great time, and I hope we get the chance to do it again some time - my turn to drink, next time!





(K)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ok, next time, try to only post the attractive pictures of me. AKA NONE. Haha.

I still love the one of Ryan. Facebook profile picture!!