Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Here's the part where I make a publicly-broadcast apology to my lovely wife

So, I'm sure Laura's going to be thrilled with the following information being made public, but it's crucial to issuing the mea culpa I'd like to make to her...

Laura hit the mighty Dirty 30 this year, and, I, as her loving companion and husband pulled the biggest bonehead move of the decade by COMPLETELY failing to plan any kind of a nice celebration in recognition of this major life milestone. Compounding the sadness factor of this failure pile is the fact that Laura went to great length to plan out a truly kick-ass party for me 4 years ago, inviting a bunch of my friends and family over to confirm the fact that I had, in fact, turned the corner into full-blown adulthood (and, apparently, started down the slippery descent into senility).

While it wasn't a complete bust - she and I worked together to plan a shindig to which we invited several of her friends and some of the daycare families - I still feel really bad about dropping the ball on this, and offer my sincerest apologies again to her. We did get some good pictures of the party we ended up having, but for some reason, when I was uploading a series of pictures the past few nights, only 2 of them actually saved to this post. Now that I'm away from home and typing this, I can't add any other pictures to it, but you'll get the point. We ended up having a great time, and everyone that was able to attend helped soften the blow of Laura's turning 30 and her further confirmation that she has a complete galoot for a husband.



Laura and some of the kids opening birthday presents...notice the quality gift the boys and I gave her - a cordless Hitachi drill. I'm the ultimate romantic.
(K)

No comments: