Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Manners, please

Last night at dinner Kian was jabbering away as usual. If you've been around him recently, you know the boy can talk. (I have no idea where he gets that from!) After the third attempt at getting our attention, I realized he was saying, "Thank you cook Dad. Thank you cook Mom." For quite a while now, we've always thanked the person that cooked dinner. Jackson started this a couple of years ago and it's something that stuck. But Kian just melted my heart saying this completely unsolicited. What a sweet little boy. Perhaps he was making up for being a handful prior to dinner.

I'm a big stickler for manners. I always joked with Kyle that the first words out of our children's mouths would be PLEASE and THANK YOU. I was a little disappointed when DADA came out first, but at least they were in the top 10. Not too shabby.

We are so proud that our boys have the manners they do. Granted, they slip from time to time, but for the most part they are very courteous children. Kyle and I always love to hear other adults compliment them on their manners. It makes us feel as though we're heading them in the right direction.

No comments: