Thursday, July 10, 2008

He's Baaaaack!

We received a call yesterday morning on our drive in to work that Jackson was home sick and wanted to come home. Evidently he woke up a few times and said, "I love you Nana, but I really want my Mommy and Daddy." How sweet! So after dropping Kyle off, I headed down to meet them. I was able to get him to day care just before lunch. Man, he sure missed his friends and Michelle. He loved on her for a good while when we arrived and then dished out some luvin' for all of his friends. He kept saying he had a great time with Nana, but that he missed us and was happy to be home. On our drive home last night he said, "Mom, are you happy we are a family again?" Oh, how he knows how to melt our hearts.

Collectively, I think Kyle and I received about two hundred hugs and kisses from Jackson. I guess it takes being apart for a few days to remind you how special your children are to you. I missed him terribly and am so relieved and excited to have him back home. I know the time he spent with my mom will be forever "bemembered" by the two of them and we are very thankful for that. They both seemed to have enjoyed each other and overall had a great time. What a great experience for the two of them. From fishing to the library adventure and swimming to their blanket making, they seemed to have packed quite the punch into the 3 days they spent together. I'll have to get him to tell me a story or two to share with you on here. I'm sure we'll all enjoy them.

until next time...lc

No comments: