Saturday, October 25, 2008

He's too scary

While at the store and wanting to keep the peace - oh, and lessen the load of my purse - I allowed each boy to have 2 turns at the prize-winning contraption (aka Claw Machine). You know, something like this....


I was assisting Jackson with his second failed attempt when Kian took his turn, putting his coin-inserting skills to the test. Once I realized he'd started his side of the game, I ran over and tried to help him get whichever toy seemed possible with only 12 second left on the clock. Much to my surprise, that pesky little claw grabbed ahold of the creature pictured below. Just as we thought it was another failed attempt, the claw somehow looped one of its hooks into the little circle his hand forms, and we'd won. WooHoo! I have never been so lucky as to win something out of one of these machines. I guided Kian to the retrieval door and let him pull out his prize. He was surveying his winnings while Kyle and I stood by, in disbelief. As this was happening, I hear Kian say, "Put him back. He's too scary. I don't like it." Then he shoved Santa Taz back in the door and walked away. He didn't (and still doesn't) want anything to do with this guy. Jack looked over and gave me the "I'll take it" look. Let's just say Jack is quite pleased. Here's the scary guy...

until next time...lc

2 comments:

The Murray Crew said...

Thanks for stopping by and "de-lurking"...I only wish we could have met the other day! =) Small world, huh? Thanks for not revealing our secret costume too! I really hope we run into each other soon and I look forward to meeting you and your sweet family!

Jen and The Crew

Tommie Kingsley & Brandie Kopsas-Kingsley said...

I just wanted to let you guys know that you do a great job with your blog and I love reading it. :)

-Kopsas