Monday, August 18, 2008

Campbell Family Gathering

Last Saturday night, my uncle Chris hosted a birthday get-together at his house for his older brother, my uncle Steve. I'll spare him the embarassment of announcing exactly which birthday it was...

It was a pretty rare occasion, as my cousin Jen formerly lived in Colorado, but now is in Wisconsin, and my cousin Darren and his wife Kirsty have lived in several locations in the deep south, of late. So, them having the time to get away from their homes to come back to Indy to visit the family is a rare, but oh-so-welcome treat. Seeing them always brings back so many good memories of my childhood, and this night was another shining example of how much I love it when I get to share my families - both, Laura and the boys with my extended family, and vice versa. We took a few shots, a bit later in the evening, and I'm glad we were to do so. It's just too bad my sister was on vacation, and couldn't join in the fun!

Darren, Ryan, Grandma, Jen and I
The Cousins Campbell

OOP, looky there...we expanded!


Here's where the picture-taking session devolved into a bit of silliness...



And, then, Jackson gets ahold of Mom and Dad's camera...



Kian makes a valiant effort to retrieve the camera before Jack ends up smashing it to bits, but to no avail...

Chris has moved on to corrupting animals, as I guess corrupting kids has just gotten blaise for him...

I'm sure Ryan and Miss are going to be thrilled to see I posted this one...

Up next, I blog the Luke Open House for season ticket holders...

(K)

No comments: