Saturday, December 13, 2008

St. Nick's Day

Growing up we celebrated St. Nick's Day. I knew it would be a tradition that I wanted to carry on with my children when the time came around. When I was in college and away from home, I'd receive a package via USPS from good 'ole St. Nick. (Thanks Mom!!!) Even while Kyle and I were dating, he took it upon himself to carry out the tradition with me and made sure I was never let down. Now that Jackson is a little older, I think he's starting to enjoy it more. This year was no exception. A couple of weeks ago, we sat around and wrote out our lists to Santa for St. Nick to pick up.



Jackson's Letter:




Kian's Letter:

That morning they woke up and went about their normal morning routine...running straight to the kitchen to get something to eat and drink, completely bypassing the set-up. Once we pointed it out, they were more than thrilled.




His favorite....York Peppermint Patty Snowflakes.

We are having quite the issue getting Kian's picture without some ridiculous face in return.

Don't mind their lack of PJs. They both fell asleep in the car on the way home the night before and I was flying solo. I didn't want to risk them waking up and not going back to sleep, so in their outfits they slept. Besides, the next days agenda included washing bedsheets.

until next time...lc

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love the mix of nice compliments mixed with what they want....they sure know how to butter-up Santa! And I'm pretty sure I never asked for fruit for Christmas, but it's not a bad idea now that I pay for my own groceries!